Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: ENGLISH IDIOMS RELATED TO THE COMIC STRIP ON THE LETF SIDE.

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ENGLISH IDIOMS RELATED TO THE COMIC STRIP ON THE LETF SIDE.


jog someone's memory
Fig. to stimulate someone's memory to recall something. Hearing the first part of the song I'd forgotten really jogged my memory. DI tried to jog Bill's memory about our childhood antics.
See also: jog
jog your memory
to cause you to remember something Police are hoping to jog people's memory by showing them pictures of a car that was used in a robbery.
See also: jog
take a stroll/trip down memory lane
to remember some of the happy things that you did in the past We were just taking a stroll down memory lane and recalling the days of our youth.
See also: lane, stroll, take
Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006



No comments:

Post a Comment