Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: Comic strip by Ed. Stein. 04-30-2011. 30-04-2011.

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Comic strip by Ed. Stein. 04-30-2011. 30-04-2011.

Freshly Squeezed - April 30, 2011

ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_panel)
"Death panel" is a political term coined by former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin in August 2009 on her Facebook page. She said that the health care legislation then being debated in the House of Representatives would require Americans such as her parents or her child with Down syndrome, "to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care."[1] The trigger for the "death panel" claim was a provision in the House of Representatives Bill 3200 (2009)that would have reimbursed physicians for counseling Medicare patients about living willsadvance directives and other end-of-life issues.
The uproar that the phrase produced was described by TIME Magazine and The Washington Post as almost taking down President Obama's health care reform.[2][3] PolitiFact.com called "death panels" the "Lie of the Year".[4] FactCheck.org referred to it as one of their "whoppers" of 2009,[5] and the American Dialect Society said that "death panel" was their "most outrageous" word for 2009.[6] In November 2009, Palin said the term should not be taken literally, but rather was meant to get people thinking about the issue as when Ronald Reagan called the Soviet Union the "evil empire".[7]
READ MORE: http://www.obamadeathpanel2009.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment