Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: PAINTINGS ARE A USEFUL TOOL FOR LEARNING ENGLISH. Crouching nude on a rail. FRANCIS BACON. 04/29/2011.

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Friday, April 29, 2011

PAINTINGS ARE A USEFUL TOOL FOR LEARNING ENGLISH. Crouching nude on a rail. FRANCIS BACON. 04/29/2011.


CROUCHING NUDE ON A RAIL www.pintura.aut.org
crouch   [kraUtS]
I. vi
to crouch (down) agacharse 
to be crouching estar en cuclillas
II. n
to lower oneself into a crouch agacharse
SOURCE: CAMBRIDGE DICTIONARY.


Crouching Nude on a RailThe English artist Francis Bacon was one of the most powerful and original figure painters in the twentieth century. He was particularly noted for the obsessive intensity of his work.

Early life

Francis Bacon was born in Dublin, Ireland, on October 28, 1909, to English parents. Raised with three siblings, Francis Bacon is a descendant of the sixteenth-century statesman and essayist of the same name. He left home at the age of sixteen and spent two years in Berlin, Germany, and Paris, France. In Paris he saw an art exhibit by the painter Pablo Picasso (1881–1973). Though he had never taken an art class, Bacon began painting with watercolors. He then settled in London, England, with the intention of establishing himself as an interior decorator and furniture designer. However, he soon turned to painting exclusively.
Bacon began oil painting in 1929. The few early paintings that survive (he destroyed most of them) show that he began as a late cubist (a twentieth-century movement that used geometric shapes). By 1932 he turned to a form of surrealism (using fantastic imagery of the subconscious) based partly on Pablo Picasso's works from about 1925 to 1928. Bacon began to draw attention in 1933 with his work Crucifixion, and the same year he took part in exhibitions in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment