Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: GEORGE BRAQUE. LEARNING ENGLISH THROUGH PICTURES. 12-05-2011.

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Thursday, May 12, 2011

GEORGE BRAQUE. LEARNING ENGLISH THROUGH PICTURES. 12-05-2011.

Georges Braque was born in Argenteuil on May 13, 1882. The family moves to Le Havre in 1890 where the young boy has his first encounters with paint and brushes in his father's painting business. He attends lectures at the Le Havre Art Academy as of 1899, a short time later he starts to work for a decoration painter. Georges Braque goes to Paris in 1900, and continues his apprenticeship as a decoration painter, he attends drawing classes at the school of Batignolles, followed by studying at the Académie Humbert. 
Georges Braque sees works of the "Fauves" in the Salon d'Automne in 1905, which impress him so much that he takes on their bright colours in his works. He spends the fall of 1906 painting in L'Estaque, in the footsteps of Paul Cézanne, whose paintings he also admires. Together with the "Fauves", he exhibits in the Salon des Indépendants in 1907. He spends the summer and the fall of this year in L'Estaque again. It is also in 1907 that he meets Pablo Picasso, encountering his painting "Les Demoiselles d'Avignon". A close friendship between Georges Braque and Pablo Picasso begins, in their artistic co-operation and especially by closely examining the art of Paul Cézanne, they develop the Cubist style of painting. They exhibit in the gallery of Daniel-Henry Kahnweiler in Paris in 1908. 
Read more: http://www.georges-braque.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment