Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: Phrasal verbs 15-05-2011.

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Phrasal verbs 15-05-2011.


look forward to

Meaning: If you're looking forward to something that's going to happen, you feel excited or happy about it.
For example:
·                           look forward to sth I always look forward to our holidays in Bali. It's a beautiful place and every time we go there we have a great time.
·                           be looking forward to doing sth Everyone's looking forward to meeting their old school friends again at the class reunion.
Nouns often used as objects with
look forward to: holiday, weekend, party, trip, concert, celebration, future
Quick Quiz:
My son Lucas is looking forward to
a. going to the dentist
b.                       his birthday party
c. being punished by his teacher
  

No comments:

Post a Comment