!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Extending a sentence from the top to the bottom of this post: I made tea
Here is a task that shows you how you can develop a simple sentence like 'I made tea.' into a detailed text.
Click on a shaded and see that part of the sentence expand. Read the new sentence and then choose another part to click on.
TOP
Yawning, and smearing my eyes with my fingers, Iwalked bleary eyed into the kitchen andfilled the kettle with fresh water from the tap,checking with my hands to make sure it was cold enough (The best tea comes from the coldest water). I glanced outside for a minute at the city mist. I couldalmost taste the grey. I plugged the kettle in and switched it on. As the kettle began to hiss, Ilooked for biscuits. Anything above loose crumbswould do. Thankfully Ifound somefusty digestives. For some reason, biscuits arealways nicer when they've gone a bit dry and stale. I took the milk out of the fridge and poured some into a cup that I'd left out from having used earlier.The kettle began grumbling fiercely so I took it from the cord, threw a teabag into my cup and poured boiling water onto it. Iwatched brown swirls rise up through the muted white of milky water. A few minutes passed.I removed and squeezed the teabag, then flicked it into the bin. I picked up my mug and left the kitchen witha nice, hot cupof strong tea. BOTTOM sources: http://www.telescopictext.com/ http://daily-english-activities.blogspot.com/2008/10/extending-sentence.html
No comments:
Post a Comment