Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: stamp - Definition from Longman English Dictionary Online

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

stamp - Definition from Longman English Dictionary Online

stamp - Definition from Longman English Dictionary Online: "stamp [countable] 1mailalso postage stamp formal a small piece of paper that you buy and stick onto an envelope or package before posting it: a 29-cent stamp Richard collects stamps. a second-class stamp 2printed mark a tool for pressing or printing a mark or pattern onto a surface, or the mark made by this tool: a date stamp a passport stamp 3the stamp of something if something has the stamp of a particular quality, it clearly has that quality The speech bore (=had) the stamp of authority. 4paymentBritish English a small piece of paper that is worth a particular amount of money and is bought and collected for something over a period of time: television licence stamps 5tax British English a piece of paper for sticking to some official papers to show that British tax has been paid 6of ... stampformal someone with a particular kind of character: He's clearly of a very different stamp. 7with foot an act of stamping, especially with your foot: an angry stamp ➔ food stamp Definition from the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Advanced Learner's Dictionary." 'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment