Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: 7 Wordcheck - Collocations

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

7 Wordcheck - Collocations

7 Wordcheck - Collocations
Complete the sentences below by adding the correct
verbs in the most suitable form from the box. The first

one has been done for you.

parrot

circulate
produce
CONSULT
report
assimilate
offer
jot down
undergo
set yourself
chew over

prove

1 If you don't know where it is, try consulting an atlas.
2 It's hard to information when feeling
anxious.
3 Several students volunteered to .
psychological tests.
4 Details of the new grant were in the
last edition of the college magazine.
5 Don't even try and write everything. Just
....................... the main points.
6 It's important to clear targets in your
study programme.
7 Don't make the mistake of simply .
someone else's words when writing your own notes.
8 The teacher said mnemonics can help you memorise
things and to the point he memorised
various phrases the students,came up with in other
languages.
9 The headteacher could no explanation
for such poor examination results.
10 I find it helpful to listen to classical music when I'm
.. a problem.
11 So-called 'sleep learning' has failed to .
any beneficial effects to the learning process.
12 The findings of the tests were in the
journal 'Psychobabble'.
Focus on advanced grammar advanced English (Longman)

1 comment:

  1. 7 Wordcheck - Collocations (ANSWERS)
    2 assimilate 3 undergo 4 reported 5 jot down 6 set
    yourself 7 parroting 8 prove 9 offer 10 chewing over 11 produce 12 circulated

    ReplyDelete