Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: Phrasal verbs about computers, academic lectures, money

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Phrasal verbs about computers, academic lectures, money

Computers & Technology
Boot up, arrancar el sistema
Log in, enter your user name and password
Scroll down, desplazarse hacia abajo
Hack into, introducirse legalmente en un sistema
Print off, imprimir
Back up, copia de seguridad
Academic lectures/writing
Sum up, resumir: a brief statement that presents the main points in a concise form
Gloss over, to hide under a deceptively attractive surface or appearance.
Base upon,
Money&Business
Sell up,
Take over,
Put forward,
Turn over (rotation),
Bail out,
Carry forward,
Square up (cuadrar balance),

No comments:

Post a Comment