Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: SAT Vocabulary Words | GRE Vocabulary words - Videos for GRE SAT Prep > Vocabulary Videos > Guile

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Monday, June 24, 2013

SAT Vocabulary Words | GRE Vocabulary words - Videos for GRE SAT Prep > Vocabulary Videos > Guile

SAT Vocabulary Words | GRE Vocabulary words - Videos for GRE SAT Prep > Vocabulary Videos > Guile:

slycooper.wikia.com 
Guile (n)
slyness or cunning in dealing with others

William displayed such guile in his business relationships that no one suspected that he was tricking everyone. His deceit was kept so well hidden from his business partners that there was never any concern about William�s business decisions. His guile was so effective that it continued for decades before it was ever discovered.


No comments:

Post a Comment