Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: Listening - Daily Lesson

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Listening - Daily Lesson

Listening - Daily Lesson:

walk in the park

"walk in the park"

Apr 24 2014
Quote
“Everything to him should have felt like a typical day, a walk in the park.”

Actor Sebastian Stan, talking about his character in the movieCaptain America (moviefone)
Meaning
easy experience
Use
Working can be hard, but having free time is easy. There’s nothing you have to do and nowhere you have to go, so you can do what you enjoy to relax, like go for a walk in the park. While you’re out on a walk, you don’t have to think about difficult tasks. It’s not stressful at all. You can stop and smell the flowers, sit on a bench and read, or simply enjoy the fresh air. It’s easy and fun!

The expression walk in the park means that something is easy. It could be awalk in the park to cook your favorite recipe or even to finish a simple homework assignment. Whether it’s actually something in your free time or part of your job, anything that is a walk in the park is not a difficult task.

Talking about his character in the movie Captain America, actor Sebastian Stansaid that all of his actions are like a walk in the park. The character has no feelings, so all of his actions are done without thinking, like a robot. Nothing is easier or harder than anything else.

What things are a walk in the park for you?
Examples
“You may think that poetry class is an easy A, but, let me tell you, it’s no walk in the park.”
“I’ve been working 12 hour days all week. This job is no walk in the park.”
“I think I need to move out. I thought living with you would be easy, but it’s nowalk in the park.”

No comments:

Post a Comment