Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Friday, August 30, 2019

HUMAN BODY COLLOCATIONS

Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com


REVISING COLLOCATIONS WE ALREADY KNOW: CLUE Answers HUMAN BODY COLLOCATIONS POST. 01-05-2011. 02-05-2011.

Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com
Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com


CLUE ANSWERS:
2-4 Collocations.
Match the verbs in Column A with the correct parts of
the body in Column B and try doing the actions! With
five of the verbs it is not really necessary to add the part
of the body - which are they?
A           B
21 wink G your eye
22 snap your fingers (hacer chasquidos con los dedos)
23 nod B your head
25 flutter C your eyelashes (pestañear)
24 shrug H your shoulders
26 twiddle D your thumbs (estar mano sobre mano)
27 pick E your nose (hurgarse la nariz)
28 clench J your fist (cerrar el puño)
29 pout A your lips
30 clap F your hands

Verbs not needing to add the part of the body: 21 wink (guiñar el ojo) 23 nod (asentir con la cabeza) 24 shrug (encogerse de hombros) 29 pout (hacer un mohín) 30 clap (aplaudir).
SOURCE: FOCUS ON GRAMMAR. CAE. ADVANCED. CAMBRIDGE.
OTHER IDIOMS SOURCES: http://eltnotebook.blogspot.com/2007/02/colloquial-english-body-idioms.html eltnotebook.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment