Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: Google+Futsal listening

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Monday, December 28, 2015

Google+Futsal listening

Futsal

Source:

http://www.myenglishpages.com/site_php_files/listening-daily-lesson.php



Nov 27 2015

Intro
People love to play soccer all over the world! You can kick a soccer ball on the beach or play in your backyard. Did you know that there is an indoor version of soccer called futsal that is becoming more popularevery day?

Futsal started in Brazil, and many top soccer players around the world, like Lionel Messi, started playing futsal when they were young. People enjoy the game because it is played on small courts with only five people per team. The players are under pressure on these small courts, and they can show off their soccerskills.

Gary tells Marni about the futsal team he plays on. Find out more about his love for the game in today’s English lesson about futsal.
Dialogue
English, baby! English lesson audio.
Gary: The past two summers, Marni, have been wonderful for soccer.
Marni: Oh, really?
Gary: The Men’s World Cup happened. The Women’s World Cup just took place. And it’s been so much fun toget together with all of my futsal teammates.
Marni: Futsal? Tell me more! I don’t know much about it.
Gary: Oh Yeah! So, I play on a team. And we playindoors on a really small court, so it’s like indoor soccer. And it’s really exciting and super fast like hockey because you have walls that the ball can be played off of.
Marni: And because it’s a smaller space, does that make it go back and forth a lot more?
Gary: Actually now that I think about it, it’s probably more like basketball.
Marni: Oh okay!
Gary: It’s that fast. And the goals are really small, and funny enough every now and then, which is actually really rare, there is a penalty where someone will have to shoot the ball on net.
Marni: I think as a spectator I would find futsal more interesting than soccer because one of my problems with soccer is that it just seems like it takes so long.
Gary: I’ll let you know when the next game is.
Marni: I would love to come watch it!
Discussion
Gary has fun playing futsal with his teammates. He likes it because it is super fast like hockey, and the goals are really small. He invites Marni to the next game.

Marni doesn’t know much about futsal. After listening to Gary, she thinks futsal is more interesting than soccer because soccer is too slow for her. She wants to watch Gary play.

Do you like playing futsal? Which sports are your favorite?
Grammar Point
Comparing Quality

Marni tells Gary she prefers futsal over soccer. She says, “I think as a spectator I would find futsal more interesting than soccer.” She uses the comparative phrase more interesting than.

There are a couple of different ways to make comparisons of quality. With a one-syllable adjective or a word ending in -y or -lyadd the suffix -er or -ier to form a comparative phrase with than. For example, “This apple is redder than that one,” or, “My bag is heavier than yours.”

With an adjective or adverb of more-than-one syllableuse more or less to create the comparative phrase withthan. For example, “This dress is more beautiful thanthat one,” or, “These flowers are less colorful thanthose flowers.”

To show that two things have the same qualityuse as…asto compare similar aspects of quality (adjective) or of manner (adverb) of two items. You could say, “My bicycle is as fast as your bicycle,” or, “My dog runs as quickly as Ann’s dog.”

Which is correct, “My test was more difficult than yours,” or, “My test was difficulter than yours”?
Quiz

  1. What does Gary like about futsal?
  2. What is Marni’s problem with soccer?
  3. To get together means?
  4. Which sentence correctly compares the dresses?


No comments:

Post a Comment