Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: The best way to lern Englis is Match up (results) by The Free Dictionary

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Monday, October 3, 2016

The best way to lern Englis is Match up (results) by The Free Dictionary


Select word:








Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Mata Up provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up Results


ruminate - Reflect deeply on a subject.
Usage: When Prince Bladud had been shut up in the lofty turret for the greater part of a year …, he naturally began to ruminate on a plan of escape.
coerce - To cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral, or intellectual means.
Synonyms: forcehalepressuresqueeze
Usage: The lawsuit alleged that her boss had coerced her into resigning and that she therefore deserved compensation.
impale - Pierce with a sharp stake or point.
Synonyms: spiketransfix
Usage: My mother always warned me not to run with scissors, lest I fall and impale myself on the blades.
swindle - Deprive of by deceit.
Usage: He swindled investors out of millions of dollars.
repulse - Force or drive back.
Synonyms: drive backfight offrebuffrepel
Usage: The soldiers are armed and prepared to repulse any attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment