Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: Earring | meaning of earring in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English | LDOCE

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Earring | meaning of earring in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English | LDOCE

earring | meaning of earring in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English | LDOCE

ear‧ring /ˈɪərɪŋ $ ˈɪr-/ ●●● S3 noun [countable]  a piece of jewellery that you wear on your eargold/diamond/pearl etc earrings She was wearing a pair of beautiful diamond earrings.
earrings.jpg
COLLOCATIONSADJECTIVESgold/silver etc earringsHe bought her some expensive diamond earrings.dangling/dangly earrings (=long earrings that hang down from your ear)I put on some gold dangly earrings.hoop/hooped earrings (=in the shape of a large circle)a pair of large silver hoop earringsVERBSwear earringsShe was wearing gold earrings and a diamond necklace.put on earringsI forgot to put on my new earrings.PHRASESa pair of earringsI saw a lovely pair of earrings in the jeweller's on the High Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment