Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets ¡Mira que luna......! Look at that moon....! Resources for learning English: Tap. Vocabulary

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English

!Mira que luna! Look at that moon! Resources for learning English
Fernando Olivera: El rapto.- TEXT FROM THE NOVEL The goldfinch by Donna Tartt (...) One night we were in San Antonio, and I was having a bit of a melt-down, wanting my own room, you know, my dog, my own bed, and Daddy lifted me up on the fairgrounds and told me to look at the moon. When "you feel homesick", he said, just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go". So after he died, and I had to go to Aunt Bess -I mean, even now, in the city, when I see a full moon, it's like he's telling me not to look back or feel sad about things, that home is wherever I am. She kissed me on the nose. Or where you are, puppy. The center of my earth is you". The goldfinch Donna Tartt 4441 English edition

Monday, November 26, 2018

Tap. Vocabulary



  • tap
  • 1

    water/gas

     [countable] especially British Englisha piece of equipment for controlling the flow of water, gas etc from a pipe or container [= faucetAmerican English]
  • Tap water (=water that comes out of a tap) is usually heavily treated with chemicals.
  • She went into the bathroom and turned on the taps.
  • kitchen/bath/garden tap
  • I washed my hands under the kitchen tap.
  • cold/hot tap (=the tap that cold or hot water comes from)
  • 2

    a light hit

     [countable] an act of hitting something lightly, especially to get someone's attention
  • tap at/on
  • She felt a tap on her shoulder.
  • There was a tap at the door.
  • 3

     on tap

  • a) beer that is on tap comes from a barrel
  • b) informal something that is on tap is ready to use when you need it:
  • We've got all the information on tap.
  • 4

    dancing

    also

     tap dancing

     [uncountable] dancing in which you wear special shoes with pieces of metal on the bottom which make a loud sharp sound on the floor
  • 5

    telephone

     [countable] an act of secretly listening to someone's telephone, using electronic equipment:
  • The police had put a tap on his phone line.
  • 6

    barrel

     [countable] a specially shaped object used for letting liquid out of a barrel, especially beer
  • 7

    tune

     taps

     [plural] a song or tune played on the bugle at night in an army camp, and at military funerals

No comments:

Post a Comment